U.S. insurers get inside cars, mouths, grocery carts in profit search
- Beam Technologies connects blue-tooth enabled toothbrush to dental insurers for premium discounts
- In life insurance, John Hancock Financial started offering a policy in 2015 that gives customers discounts on healthy groceries when shopping at certain retailers and rewards for hitting exercise targets as measured by a wearable device. The program, designed in partnership with Vitality Group, includes a free Fitbit or an Apple Watch for as little as $25 if a customer hits their targets.
John Hancock and NextCapital Announce Enterprise Digital Advice Partnership
Recap: John Hancock Retirement Plan Services will integrate NextCapital’s digital 401(k) platform and begin offering its automated retirement plans and IRA rollovers over the next 12 months. DOL-motivated as robo-advisory is expected to play a key role for advice in best interest of clients.
NextCapital’s robo-platform allows retirement plan participants to have portfolio tracking, planning, savings advice and portfolio management online. The financial advice will be automated, but live help will be available to service the accounts, said Peter Gordon, chief executive of John Hancock Retirement Plan Services, which is part of John Hancock Financial, a division of Manulife Financial Corp.
- Custom user experience and ongoing engagement
- Proprietary or third-party investment methodology
- Self-service and advisor-assisted service models
- Multi-channel supporting 401(k), IRA, and retail brokerage accounts
- Integrations with 401(k) recordkeeping systems and retail custodians